Makes 12 Small Cakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 pouch Mott’s for Tots Snack and Go Applesauce Pouch Original
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided butter or oil, for pan-searing
- Place mashed potatoes, cheese, egg, Mott’s Snack & Go Applesauce Pouch Original, and 3 tbsp flour in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Take a scoop of the potato mixture and form into patties.
- Place the remaining 4 tbsp of flour on a plate.
- Lightly coat the potato patties in the flour.
- Heat a thin layer of the oil or butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Cook the potato cakes for 3 minutes on each side for a total of 6 minutes.
- Serve as is or with accompaniments.
*After step 2, place patties on a baking sheet and place in freezer for 30 minutes then place par-frozen patties in a Ziploc bag and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, defrost in fridge for 24 hours and follow steps 3-7.
Accompaniments: Mott’s Snack and Go Apple Sauce Pouch